The WWE SummerSlam 2016 match card arrives Sunday night from Brooklyn’s Barclay Center. The latest pay-per-view is stacked with superstars galore and championship matches. Among them will be the crowning of a first-ever WWE Universal Champion, as well as potential for new Intercontinental, United States, tag team and women’s champions. The latest SummerSlam match odds for winners are available and could give an indication as to who will leave the building victorious. Here’s all the latest information heading to Sunday night’s big event.
There are at least a dozen matches on the official card heading into Sunday’s show. Among them are several championship bouts, tag team fights and the start of the “Best of Seven Series.” That will be a series of seven matches at most between Cesaro and Sheamus.
Another interesting situation that some fans are talking about is the six-woman tag match on the card. Originally, Eva Marie was part of the one team, but due to her recent 30-day suspension, she’s now off the card. Will she have an official replacement or will Natalya and Alexa Bliss be forced to fight in a handicap match.
Below are all of the matches and the latest odds for the winners. In parenthesis is the odds for that wrestler or tag team. A number with a minus sign before it indicates the favorite, while a number with a plus sign is the underdog.
For example, Cesaro is a +400 underdog and Sheamus is a -600 favorite to win the match. In that situation, someone could put $100 on Cesaro and if he won, it would pay them $400. To win money on Sheamus, someone would need to put $600 on him, and if he won, it would result in a payout of just $100.
SummerSlam 2016 Match Card:
- Cesaro (+400) vs. Sheamus (-600) – Best of Seven Series Match #1
- Sami Zayn & Neville (-900) vs. The Dudley Boyz (+500)
- Carmella, Becky Lynch & Naomi (-505) vs. Alexa Bliss, Natalya & ??? (+335)
- Enzo Amore & Big Cass (+300) vs. Kevin Owens & Chris Jericho (-420)
- Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (-365) vs. New Day (+255) – Tag Team titles
- Apollo Crews (+350) vs. The Miz (-530) – WWE Intercontinental Championship
- John Cena (+380) vs. AJ Styles (-570)
- Dolph Ziggler (+600) vs. Dean Ambrose (-1200) – WWE World Heavyweight Title
- Roman Reigns (-265) vs. Rusev (+185) – WWE United States Title
- Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks – WWE Women’s Championship
- Randy Orton (+300) vs. Brock Lesnar (-420)
- Finn Balor (-350) vs. Seth Rollins (+250) – WWE Universal Championship
All of the match odds above came from the 5Dimes online sportsbook. Of note, the Charlotte vs. Sasha odds aren’t being shown due to the fact the numbers at 5Dimes seem off. Charlotte is listed as a -165 favorite to win while Sasha is listed at +125. It just doesn’t seem likely that the numbers were listed properly as Sasha should be the favorite to leave Brooklyn still the champion.
The SummerSlam 2016 pay-per-view goes off starting at 7 p.m. Eastern Time on WWE Network and select cable networks Sunday, August 21st. This latest pro wrestling event will run for four hours plus, so make sure to keep an eye here for all of the big match updates and results.